Keeping our community connected is a big job. The King Country relies on us to keep our whare, our farms and our businesses powered up, 24/7. So, we need fantastic people who want to work for their whanau and community (and love to have fun at work!)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate experienced Communications Specialist to work in our fast paced, changing environment. If you can work under pressure, love a challenge and want an opportunity to really influence then keep reading.
Working alongside the GM Customer Service and Communications, you'll provide communications advice and support to the wider business on things like our communications strategy, media relations, social media and implementation, reputation management, branding, corporate sponsorships and marketing communications. This is a very broad role that might just have it all and so we are looking for a solid all-rounder who loves getting involved in all areas of the business.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be able to work collaboratively to provide communications solutions
- Be experienced in writing communications plans
- Utilise your advanced skills in writing and editing material
- Have experience and comfort in working with the media, identifying stories and managing issues
- Understand the power of social media and be skilled at finding creative ways to engage
- Have a tertiary qualification in communications, journalism, marketing or media studies back by at least four years’ experience
Experience in the electricity sector is an advantage but not essential. We are significant employers in the King Country but also have offices in Hamilton and Tauranga, this role does offer the opportunity to split the time between Te Kuiti and the Hamilton office.
In return you will work within a fun, focused and busy Customer and Communications team with the added benefit of a supportive manager with a clear vision for the business.
If you believe you’ve got what it takes and your values align to ours apply today.
"If applying through Seek, you will receive an email from QJumpers with a link to complete your application.