Nestled in the Te Aroha hills, Rawhiti Environmental Park is certified as New Zealand’s highest welfare pork. They have the strictest standards of animal health, welfare, hygiene and cleanliness. In addition to the farm, they also run a community waste recycling programme.
The role of Herd Manager has now become available. In this role you will be responsible for managing the care and growth of weaned piglets. You will need to have the welfare of the animals in the forefront of your mind at all times and will during the course of each day be tasked with: monitoring the condition of weaners; immunise and treat as required; manage nutrient levels; and clean stock pens and runs; maintaining hygiene standards at all times.
To be successful in this role, we are specifically looking for someone who has:
· Experience working with pigs;
· A flexible approach; and able to work well as part of a small team;
· Be physically fit;
· Ideally a tertiary qualification in Agriculture or Animal Science;
· A calm and patient manner when handling animals;
· Mechanically minded - able to make minor repairs if required
· Good written and numeric skills to record farm data and breeding statistics
· A passion for providing the highest welfare focus to the animals
The role is offered on a 5 on / 2 off roster basis. If you think you have the skills and experience that we’re looking for and a desire to work for one of the best farms of this kind in the country, then we’d like to hear from you.
Please note our pre-employment process includes a criminal history check and drug screening test.