Our client, POU Ltd is a company newly formed specifically to undertake the Facilities Management Services contract at the Huntly Power Station. It is owned 100% by Matawhaanui Trust, a collective of local marae that are supported by a Relationship Agreement signed with Genesis Energy in 2010 and amended in December 2018.
You will build a strong, supportive and collective team culture with a clear focus on the safety and wellbeing of the Pou Limited and Genesis Energy teams ensuring contract requirements are satisfied. You will liaise with the Genesis Energy teams at the HPS, including maintaining a key relationship with the Genesis Energy Facilities Manager.
In this role you will:
● lead your teams in a manner that reflects the values, principles and mission statement of POU.
● Ensure appropriate business systems are in place and applied
● Manage stakeholders
● Manage the performance of the business to achieve budget and KPIs
● provide clear communication about responsibilities
● demonstrate standards and protocols
● Seamlessly interact with Genesis Energy
● Develop new business opportunities for POU Ltd
1. Setting standards of health and safety on-site and monitoring/supporting at all times
2. Meeting with teams setting direction and ensuring equipment/resources are readily available
3. Liaising with Genesis Energy management to co-ordinate work streams and manage key risks and opportunities.
4. Engagement with stakeholders ensuring POU Ltd remains connected to the local community
5. Managing team work streams building trust and confidence
Generally, you will work 40 hours per week. However, you will be expected to work additional hours during busy periods of ‘shut-down’ on site and some overtime may also be required to liaise with the community during evenings and weekends.
● Experience in facilities management, preferably in the electricity industry
● Team leadership and relationship building between management and operational staff
● Attention to health and safety standards that is well communicated and demonstrated
● Experience with building continuous improvement quality systems that are easily adopted and managed
● Development of team culture through building trust and confidence
● Clear and innovative leadership
● A communication style using a variety of mediums
● The ability to have fun, hopefully even play the guitar, sing,and korero Maori (or a willingness to learn)
POU Ltd is a community created company that is unique in the facilities management industry. Although they have a commercial focus, they care about their people, environmental, social and cultural responsibilities. They are a Maori company that is 100% owned by the local community surrounding the Huntly Power Station.
They will care about the workforce we employ because they are our major resource and asset. They will work with their employees listening to their improvement suggestions, ensuring they support their capacity to do their jobs and that they continue to upskill and train them based on their professional and personal goals and aspirations.